Need a Roadworthy Certificate?
FMA – For All RWCs

If you plan to sell or register your car,
you will need a Roadworthy Certificate. 

A vehicle must be compliant to the roadworthy standards required by law for use on Australian Roads.

A Roadworthy Certificate is required when:

  • a vehicle is sold or
  • if a used vehicle is to be re-registered.
  • if your vehicle has be served with Vehicle Defect Notice.
    You will need a Roadworthy Certificate clear the defect notice.

What’s inspected?

These are the key components inspected for the roadworthy inspection in Victoria

  • Chassis
  • Engine
  • Tyres and wheels
  • Steering
  • Suspension
  • Brakes
  • Seats and Seatbelts
  • Lights
  • Reflectors
  • Windscreen
  • Windows, also front wipers and washers
  • Overall vehicle structure

FMA Car and Truck Repairs is a licensed roadworthy tester, specializing in roadworthy certificates for:

  • trucks

  • cars

  • motorbikes

  • motor homes

Book me in for a Roadworthy



We ride bikes so we know why they can break, we also know how to fix them

On-road, off-road: we’ve taken our bikes everywhere. The best thing about being a mechanic is that you go anywhere fearlessly!



Repairs to automobiles from vintage to modern

When cars fail, we investigate not only the immediate issue but what contributed to the cause of the failure



The major league players of the road, both diesel & petrol

We respect the heavy duty a truck needs to perform, so our policy is to find potential causes for mechanical failure and fix them before they get too big